Like the AG-HPX250, the AG-HPX255 P2 Camcorder is broadcast HD approved and fully featured for television production. Importantly, it is compatible with the optional AG-EC4G Extension Control Unit for fast switching to studio mode.
This combines with Genlock input, TC input and output, and HD SDI output to allow multi-camera operation that includes camera control.
Featuring a versatile 22x zoom lens and high-sensitivity/low noise 1/3-type 2.2 megapixel U.L.T. (Ultra Luminance Technology) 3MOS image sensor, it uses an AVC-Intra codec to enable high-quality recording of Full-HD (1920 x 1080), 10 bit, 4:2:2 full sample images.
Together with features such as a variable frame rate (VFR) for slow-motion and quick-motion images, this allows the new AG-HPX255 to offer a level of performance that approaches shoulder-type P2 models, while providing easy operation for image production and broadcasting use.
*The AJ-RC10 Camera Remote Control Unit cannot be used with the AG-HPX255. Camera studio systems using the AG-BS300 Base Station are also not supported.
- Fully featured 10-bit 100Mb/s tapeless camera
- High-Performance Handheld Model
- Equipped with HD-SDI output and HDMI output.
- Approaching Shoulder-Type system capability
- Shares all features of the HPX250 but gains important studio compatibility
- New Remote Terminal for Studio Integration
- Remote terminal for the optional AG-EC4G Extension Control Unit.*
- Image quality can be adjusted and image acquisition can be controlled while viewing the monitor at a remote location. This handheld unit also supports studio integration.
- Genlock input and TC input/output enables multi-camera synchro shooting.